Worthy Awards Scholarships With Help of Divorce Professionals
“To have the ability to provide financial support to help women restart after life changing events and assist them as they find new opportunitie s is at the core of Worthy’s mission , ” said Judy Herbst Director PR. “We are proud to be empowering women and be a positive force in their lives.”
Amazing women shared their stories. What we learned is many of these women overcame unbelievable obstacles and turned their lives around to better themselves by pursuing careers to help others:
- 30% wrote about an inspiring woman transforming their outlook, with over half stating their role model being their Mother (33%) and Grandmother (21%). Daughters (10%) encouraged their moms.
- 26% chose to write about how divorce affected their lives and empowered them to seek further education to be financially independent.
- 25% wrote about overcoming a health issue that propelled them forward, making them unstoppable to achieve getting their degree.
- 14% wrote about overcoming a personal domestic violence situation that became the catalyst to advancing their education.
- 5% wrote about rising above being sexually assaulted and are seeking a career that would help others cope with a similar situation.
Selected by a distinguished panel of judges recognized in their fields for empowering and helping others, the expert panel includes: Erin Levin , Founder & CEO Hello Divorce; Laurie Itkin , Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and Author; Cherie Morris , Certified Divorce & Life Transition Coach; and Samantha Gregory , Blogger & Founder of Rich Single Momma.
“The Worthy scholarship program is an opportunity for women with life changing experiences to have renewed opportunities and receive a financial reward that helps advance them in their next steps. It was my honor to be a part of the process,” states panelist Cherie Morris.
- Receiving $2500 first place award is Rachel Carter, lliff School of Theology, Denver CO, pursuing a Masters in Divinity. As a sexual assault survivor, Rachel wrote about understanding the challenges life has unfairly thrown at her and now attending theological school, she can help traumatized people realize they are not alone.
- Awarded $1500 is Kimberly Edwards, California State University, Chico CA, pursuing her degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. Overcoming drug abuse, Kim writes about obtaining an education in nutrition in order to teach, motivate, and support women who suffer from addiction and eating disorders.
- Awarded $1000 is Dawn McCall, Grand Canyon University, online program, finishing her Masters of Education. As a single mom, Dawn has learned to not dwell on the speed bumps but rather the knowledge she is learning and sharing with her own children and the children in the classroom.
“For the third consecutive year, we are pleased to offer this scholarship program as we continue to help women and assist in their educational growth,” says Ben Slor, VP of Marketing.
The new Scholarship can be accessed here. Click right here– Worthy , to find the smart online auction solution for selling your diamond jewelry.